Submitted: 09-09-2009 by Mike

Bought two of these early in July... one for my wife and one for me. We are really only interested in lakes and slow moving rivers, and these kayaks have worked out very well. Excellent value for the price. Quite comfortable, even for a big fella like me (225 lbs). We've canoed for decades, and it is now refreshing to be able to use a much lighter and more maneuverable craft. Only problem I've had is that the grand kids (as young as 7) want to spend the whole day in them. May have to buy a couple more.

These kayaks handle a wave quite well, and track moderately well(as can be expected for a short vessel). Very stable. I very much doubt that durability will be a problem... the hull is fairly thick, is made by Pelican (who purchased Coleman) and I've pounded the hell out of Coleman canoes for decades without a breach in a hull. The gouges and scratches may look significant but really don't amount to much...and should really be enjoyed as mementos of many happy days on the water! I have no use for an expensive boat that would have to be treated like a piece of fine furniture.

I didn't buy the Pelican paddles but upgraded to some much lighter high quality paddles....which makes all the difference.