Submitted: 08-28-2009 by edellaserra

I am new to kayaking and researched several different kayaks before purchasing a Vapor 10. I am 6' 245 lbs, so I wanted a kayak with a higher max capacity and I also wanted a large cockpit. The Vapor fit those requirements.

The fit and finish on the Vapor are great. The footpegs are topnotch and very easy to adjust.The rear storage well on the base Vapor 10 does give the boat an unfinished look in my opinion, so I plan on getting a storage cover at some point, and may even add some deck bungees in the front to complete the look. The Vapor is very stable when getting in and out of the boat, and also in open water. The ride is high and dry.

I do agree with the recommendations of using a 230 paddle, as it is a wide boat. It certainly is not the fastest kayak on the water, but it is easy to get moving and tracks well for a 10' boat. I typically take my 5 yr old with me and she sits at the front of the cockpit on a seat cushion, and I have plenty of room to paddle. I have had several people ask about the boat when they see us paddling around. I have noticed that I am able to paddle more efficiently and faster with the extra weight when my daughter is riding with me.

Although I have not needed it at this point, as the boat stays relatively dry, but I think that a factory installed drain plug would be nice to have. All in all, I am happy with my Vapor 10. Great boat!