Submitted: 08-28-2009 by maxturner

I have paddled both the small version and the standard, obviously you will choose depending on how big you are and the sort of water you will be paddling; I got the standard version first with the connect 30 outfitting as that was all that was available at the time. The quality of construction is superb with very nice cockpit outfitting, the new flip top is OK but if you intend doing any serious whitewater go for the connect 30.

The kayak is very agile and forgiving, stability is high, with the skeg down it is very easy to hold course on flat water and helps a bit when surfing standing waves. Personally I felt the kayak could be smaller as it felt quite high in volume, of course after I get the standard model they announce a small model, unlike the Dagger Approach 9 this is still a kayak most people will be able to fit into, I'm 6ft with size 11 feet and find it sill quite roomy, the volume is 250 instead of 300ish on the bigger model, the kayak is lighter to paddle, easier to edge, a bit more agile, still stable, its an inch narrower, the hatch is round instead of oval and is easier to get on and off.

Overall a fantastic bit of kit, the small version being my favorite by far.