Submitted: 08-25-2009 by M.R

I am 6'1" 185 lbs, and I've been paddling for 7 years. I've owned the Seayak for more than 3 years, and I couldn't have been more satisfied with it. It's a very stable boat has excellent initial and secondary stability. It's a great boat for any skill level from beginner to highly experienced. I've had the boat out on calm lakes, fast flowing rivers, wild 6-8 ft confused seas, in surf zones anywhere from small to 6 ft breaking waves, in sea caves, open ocean... I am completely sold on this boat.

It is a very predictable performer, and does not punish the paddler for mistakes. It is very easy to roll, and very easy to turn. It's a fabulous rockgarden and ocean because of it's playful 16' length. The storage capacity is enormous, I've had it out on lots of camping trips from overnighters up to 2 weeks, in any kind of conditions from mild to wild.

The HTP Plastic is the toughest material on the market, this boat takes tremendous abuse, I've got slammed into sharp rocks in a way that would have destroyed any fiberglass or kevlar boats. No miracle that this material is favored by some serious expedition paddlers worldwide. The cockpit outfitting is well thought out and the seat is extremely comfortable. The tri-hedral hull is an excellent design, quick to accelerate, the boat has great glide and is very easy to turn. Yes, it does turn into the wind (like any other sea kayak), but that's easily corrected with edging the boat and some sweepstrokes. My Seayak is equipped with a rudder, but I've only used it very few times, in big following seas and on a long bay crossing sideways to the outflowing tide.

The hatches stay bone dry after excessive rolling and rescue sessions and the little day hatch in front of the cockpit is very convenient. The boat is very well balanced for a solo carry and at 58 lbs it's not heavy - hey it's a plastic boat... All in all it's a wonderful boat that will help a beginner get into the sport and it's a fun playboat or expedition boat for the experienced paddler.