Submitted: 08-14-2009 by JLG

I bought my rack system from Rack Warehouse about 4 years ago. I also got hully rollers and mako saddles with the locks. I first fitted the system to a 2001 Frontier quad cab and the system worked great. I like having the boats up and out of the way when you are driving. It is especially nice to be able to use all of your bed for other gear.

I since traded the Frontier to an F150 Supercrew. Since the system attaches to the bed rails, and the F150 bed rails are probably at 5' high, it makes the yaks extremely high when packed up on the Ford. I still prefer all the space. You can also use tarp bungees to attach fishing rods and other long gear you don't want loose in the back of the truck.

I've driven mine on both trucks probably over 8000 miles and never had a problem. I haven't used the bow and stern straps in the past two years either because it seemed like overkill. I do recommend getting the Yakima rubber padded straps - it will eventually save you a windshield.