Submitted: 08-10-2009 by speccoat

As a follow up review of my previous one on the Approach 10.0, I have some comments on the 9.0. We recently bought a 9 for our son, who is on the small side for it but it gives him growing room. He loves this kayak. He's a bit skittish on the water, even though he has been paddling for awhile, so the 9's stability gives him great confidence. It is a bit more maneuverable than our 10s, due to its reduction in width and length, and his weight. Otherwise, it has the same characteristics of its larger brother. Good stability, plows a bit, and handles lots of weight with ease.

I will echo what one other reviewer said. The sprayskirts made directly for the 10.0 are not a good fit on the 9. They are loose from the start and will get looser. I have been searching for a proper sized skirt and so far, only Immersion Research has confidently indicated that their Shockwave in XXL will fit it on the loose side and the XL on the tight side. I have also had good luck with Shock Wave, so I'm asking them for more info as well. I'll update once I've gotten a skirt that fits!