Submitted: 08-10-2009 by Eli Crowe

I just picked up a Perception Pescador 12 a few weeks ago, I did some research on this Kayak because it looks just like a 2008 Wilderness Tarpon. The dealer that I got it from and the folks at Perception confirmed that it was the same as a 2008 Tarpon. I got it for $330 without a seat.

I have had it out a couple of times on the Class I River I live on here in WV. I have never paddled a Tarpon, but I have Redfish 10. This Pesacador is a very good Fishing Kayak. All I have done is added a Scotty Rod Holder in front and an Anchor Cleat. It is not quite as stable as my Redfish but stability is still very good. It tracks really well and is considerably faster than my Redfish.

The hull of this girl is excellent, I hit some good size hidden rocks in the Shoals and expected to see some gouges when I got home but there was nothing more than surface scratches. I highly recommend this Kayak especially for fans of the 2008 Tarpon because I see no difference between the two. I believe that only Dick's and Gander Mountain carry them and apparently they were only made in Red. I got mine off Ebay so if interested you could check there as well.