Submitted: 08-07-2009 by JIsenhour

I just got in from my first paddle in my brand new Sundance 9.5. The reviews here strongly influenced my decision to buy the thing (thank you), and I couldn't be more pleased.

I paddled up a short section of the Cape Fear here in Erwin, NC. I went upstream, through small rapids (easy), portaged one small rapid that I couldn’t paddle up (lightweight and easy to enter/exit). The boat tracked very well upstream and on rails downstream. I knew I had bought the right boat from the moment that my paddle hit the water. By the time I turned around to come home, I was in love.

I wanted a cheap boat that could do a little of everything. Instead I got a cheap boat that does a little bit of everything and is comfortable, fits in (yes IN) my Pilot, looks pretty cool, and is super fast for a wide 9.5. The best part is that I got all that for less than $350!

When you really think about it, this boat is designed perfectly for what it is. It has an almost magical balance of speed, maneuverability, and stability. If you want a short, all-purpose Rec. boat, this is your choice. It just makes paddling easy!