Submitted: 08-05-2009 by DWH

I just wanted to point out one thing I noticed about the Easky 13, while comparing it to the Easky 15 LV (which I quite liked) and the Easky 15 with rudder - which unloaded seemed to have too much volume and windage for a 160 pound paddler who prefers low volume skeg boats.

The Easky 13 moved quite well for such a short boat, but I have the impression that in shortening the Easky design, the designer kept too much volume in the back, as opposed to the front. Maybe this works well with a big load in the back, but unloaded, I drove it fast into a couple of 2-3 foot high boat wakes, and they came right over the bow and straight into the cockpit.

I think this is a good casual, recreational boat so I gave it an 8. It was comfortable to sit in, fit well (snugly) and turned pretty well, but don't mistake it for a kayak designed for handling waves. I did the same thing with the larger Easky boats, and they cut the wakes with no excitement at all.