Submitted: 08-03-2009 by John M

I just did my second white water run in my new Rogue. I am not a newbie. This is my seventh canoe, and I have paddled white water in lots of different boats. As far as I am concerned the Rogue is totally bomber! My friend and I blew a run in a Class III. We went over a big pour-over and through two holes totally broadside. To my astonishment we stayed right side up. Later, we ran into a small spike of a rock as we started down a narrow chute. The boat was going fast, and the impact brought it to a complete stop with a loud bang. The bow paddler was launched off his seat and slammed into the bow. We held on and didn't capsize. I thought for sure we knocked a hole in the boat, but no water sprang up. When we got to the take out there was the smallest scratch where the boat took the hit. For white water, I have not paddled a better tandem. Obviously it is not the boat of choice on flat water, but it moves along at an okay pace.