Submitted: 07-30-2009 by MeredithMay
I purchased the Old Town Vapor 10 (not the XT) on Craigslist for my daily lunchtime kayaking trips. I have a Hobie Classic Mirage, two Wilderness System Rippers, and now the Old Town Vapor. As a South Florida kayaker I was a little hesitant to try a sit-inside for fear that it would be too hot in the summer, but the extra large cockpit on the Vapor has been perfect even for those 100 degree days. I go out everyday at lunch in the Vapor, and it is the perfect boat for my short jaunts on flat water. It tracks nicely and has a roomy cockpit. It is heavier than the Otter, which makes it a little more difficult to throw on my shoulder and carry down the hill. I have an 83" (210cm) paddle right now, but that is too short due to the height and width of the Vapor. I am going to shop for a 230cm paddle instead.

This is a stable little boat that I would recommend for day trips, short camping trips, and fishing. It will not keep up with the longer touring boats, but that is not what it is designed for. I would recommend this boat to beginners and to anyone looking for a quality low-priced "knock around" boat.