Submitted: 07-27-2009 by Randy

I have had this kayak for a year now. I stumbled across this at Gander Mountin at dang near 50% off, so bought it merely because of the price and the camo color. I own 2 canoes and several other kayaks, and never figured I would use it. Was I wrong... this kayak is GREAT.

I have taken my 3 year old son with me on a 5 mile Brazos river trip and never had a problem with the stability. The cockpit is big, and tons of room for camping gear. I did add an adhesive Harmony seat pad, and swapped ends on the seat brackets to change the angle of the seat for leg support.

Hands down this is a great kayak. To experiment, I had another adult come up to the side and we did a transfer, with the adult climbing over in to the Predator... from another kayak, this kayak didn't even flinch...

yes it is a little cumbersome to roof load, but bottom line: it is well worth the extra grunt....
Would I buy another one? In the words of Sarah Palin... "Hell yea"

New York Kayak Co.: