Submitted: 07-24-2009 by Todd Dion

I've had my Future Beach Angler 160 for a month now and I absolutely love it. I paid $450 at Dick's Sporting Goods, and I promise you FOR THAT PRICE you can not find a comparable kayak with the features this one has.

I am 5'10" and 230lbs and this kayak handles me and all my gear without a problem. It tracks true, and I seem to be able to generate some good speed, even though the boat is large and wide. I've paddled out of the mouth of a river into large ocean surf and had no problems. My favorite feature is the stability. I have no trouble turning and kneeling on the seat to reach gear in the rear well, or kneeling in the cockpit to get items in the front hatch. I have landed a 27# striped bass and the boat felt solid as a rock. The smaller hatches, once I sealed them with silicone, are fairly watertight, even when taking waves over the cockpit. The rear well is great for holding a milk crate and or a 5 gallon bucket.

This boat is definitely for a larger paddler. The ONLY reason I would not give it a ten is due to the difficulty transporting it. I would consider myself very strong, and I struggle to get this boat on the roof of my truck alone, but I don't mind a little extra effort since I get the stability I need.

Overall, this is a fantastic fishing platform, and you won't find a better value, trust me I tried.