Submitted: 07-06-2000 by danzinn
I have been paddling the Eski for about 5 months now, taking it on rivers, canals, ponds and two 20 mile trecks out into Florida Bay. It's Initial stability is good and its, secondary stability is truly exceptional. The kayak is even more stable when loaded for a long trip. My Eski was used previously on a 125 mile trip on the Wilderness Waterway. I purchased the boat based on the recomendation of my outfitter, who used the boat about 6 months and on the Wilderness Waterway paddle. It is very light (37 lbs) and easy to carry. Its very fast on the water as well. The rudder system is exceptional and useful for long exposed paddles on windy days.
Drawbacks: A day hatch would be nice. Deck rigging options would also improve its utility especially on the rear. Prijon offers a good waterproof deck bag for the front. It does weathercock (minor) in a fairly stiff wind and tends to be a little wet in wave conditions over 2'.
Summary: A great boat overall that will handle a number of different paddling conditions. I am planning on a second Eski for my wife.