Submitted: 07-20-2009 by Gin E.

I have owned a Perception Sundance 12.0 since 2004 and love it. I went with the wider opening on the kayak because I wanted something I could get in and out of quickly. It tracks well and I love the stability since I go out on my own most of the time. I do not use the back cooler much because there is so much room in the kayak that I like things easily accessible. I like the cup holder that they company molded so it is between your legs for easy reach.

I am only 5'4" tall, slim, and not very strong so my only concern is that one day, due to it's weight, I may not be able to get it on top of my Escape. The dealer where I purchased it was wise in selling me the rollers that I can place on my back window (it holds on with heavy suction cups) and I just need to get the front of the kayak up to the rollers than push up to my back top rollers and then just roll to the front saddle holders.

Other than the weight of the kayak I love the ride and love the freedom that it allows me. I have no problem with the seat back and for me it is very comfortable. I have suggested this model to several friends who have also purchased the Sundance.