Submitted: 07-16-2009 by Dave K

Just purchased a used Inukshuk, and so far performance has been better than expected. I am 6'1", 220 lbs. and the boat is surprisingly comfortable and roomy compared to how sleek it looks in the water. I recently tested a bunch of plastic and composite boats at an open water event, and while I loved the speed of some of the lighter boats like the (Eddie Line) they were a LOT more tippy. I have never rolled a kayak accidentally, and because I kayak in CT 12 months a year (weather permitting) really don't want to.

The Inukshuk seems a LOT more stable than any of the high-end boats tested... and once under way seemed to glide along at a pretty good pace. It also handles white-cap waves on the CT river with ease while keeping me dry (something my 13' Dagger didn't do).

I agree with previous comments that the design, fit and finish are a step above common plastic boats. And because I beach the thing and drag it in sand gravel, sticks, etc, the forgiving plastic just makes more sense. It also turns pretty well with the rudder (which I didn't think I would like but now love) One caveat - the delrin block on my rudder broke, so I wrote to the company with hopes of getting a replacement (epoxy didn't do the trick). Other than that glitch, I think the boat is hard to beat for the price. A sensible, roomy, safe boat that gets a lot of compliments.