Submitted: 07-14-2009 by emartn

I bought my kayak (a Tsunami 125 made by Wilderness Systems) last December (2008). I have been exploring lakes, creeks, rivers, and the near coastal Atlantic. This boat does it all. I have been in chop and strong current and prevailed without having to overwork myself. I have used it in Winter, Spring, and Summer. I am looking forward to Fall.

This boat has performed well under varied conditions and I would recommend it to all averaged size males (6', 180 lbs). It is OK to carry for about 50-100 yards; any longer and you'll want wheels. I transport it on the roof of a SUV so I load it alone over my head which is doable even after a rigorous paddle.

No reportable problems with this kayak. I recommend it for anyone that wants a mid-range touring kayak. The "W" decals fell off pretty quick but I didn't buy it to advertise for Wilderness Systems. Overall this is a great kayak and I wish I was in it right now.