Submitted: 07-14-2009 by DavidPx

I've been paddling my Tracer for a few months and love it. The skeg allows a customized balance between fixing weathercocking and maneuverability. With it up the edging ability feels a bit like skiing and flipping it down makes her fly true and straight despite the wind or my imbalanced forward stroke.

At 6'0" \ 175 lbs the cockpit is nicely sized and the knee braces are right where they ought to be. The rear hatch does leak a bit in splashy conditions but it usually doesn't let in more than what looks like a cup of water. The front hatch is very water tight.

So far my biggest beef with the boat is how the skeg actuator protrudes out the side of the boat. It's only about 3/4" but enough for me to bang my hand on a few times per outing. I'd much prefer a recessed handle.

So overall a great boat for the money. Looks great, handles well, and after a long day of paddling isn't too hard to hoist up on the car.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: