Submitted: 07-13-2009 by DubyaG

I bought a Vapor 10 last month. It wasn't what I was looking for, but when it came down to it, the price was right. It was easy to just throw in the back of the truck and required very little room for storage. As it turned out, I think I made a good decision overall. I wanted it for fishing and light paddling on inland waters, so I outfitted it with rod holders, rigging, etc... which turned out to be pretty easy. It has plenty of storage room. I put a nice but small size cooler in the back well with bungies to hold it. I keep ropes in a small bag bungied on the bow, and there is room for a bag for the anchor and other accessories behind the seat. Up front, in the cockpit there is plenty of room for my tackle box and even a dry bag shoved up in the bow.

She tracks well for a 10 footer. I thought it was pretty fast for its size, until I found myself paddling with a couple of buddies on a 16 foot tandem that left me like it was a lear jet. Nevertheless, this is a great little yak. It is very stable for paddling or fishing and I have no qualms about putting it in deep water lakes, rivers or bayous. The seat is adjustable on the fly and even pretty comfortable. It's also a dry ride that I can put in the water in the fall and most winter days as well as in the summer. A couple of bassboats and johnboats passed by and it handled the wave action without leaving me feeling like I would turtle.

If I had to do it over again, I might buy a 12 footer for a little more speed, but otherwise have no complaints other than color choices. Rig it yourself to save a bundle.