Submitted: 07-13-2009 by Dawn

A surprising boat. At approximately 43 pounds, its light and easy to maneuver. I had no problems loading it myself on top of my CRV without the use of rollers; and at 5'2" and 51 years of age, I'm no Hercules. Large-size cockpit makes entry a breeze regardless of your klutz-level. The seat is very comfortable. The high back support is much appreciated.

One debatable problem; there's no bulkhead. On the one hand, this means I can easily chain the kayak to a secured object. On the other hand, no bulkhead means I need to find a flotation assist in the event of a capsize. Rather than spending money on bladder bags, I'll probably use a few beach balls. Hey, air is air.

I've paddled this boat on a river under choppy/windy conditions and the boat handled fine. All in all, I'd say this is a fine recreational kayak.