Submitted: 07-13-2009 by waterbird

I prefer to not having anything attached to the front deck of my kayak, but the cockpit was getting dangerously cluttered with junk, so I got the Seal Line Baja Deck Bag.

I am pretty satisfied with this product. It's certainly very rugged. It holds an awful lot of stuff---jacket, lights, camera, binoculars, hat, etc. Convenient features include the carry strap, exterior mesh pocket for your sun glasses etc., and the bungees on top.

I have only one problem with this bag---the attachment system isn't all that secure if you have typical deck bungees crossed in an X. While the velcro strips on the bottom of the bag are long and strong, I'm not sure that's enough to keep the bag in place in rough conditions or if you capsize. It's also a little bit laborious to attach this way.

Other than that, this bag has cleaned up my cockpit considerably and I'm happy with it. It doesn't obstruct my view as I had feared. The only thing I keep in the cockpit now is a food cooler, so it can be out of the sun.