Submitted: 07-10-2009 by pjbridwell

Not a bad canoe...especially for the price. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and have taken it out 6 or 7 times.

It handles great solo with a 250 lb person in the center seat; very stable. With 2 on board (180lb front, 250lb rear) it started out tippy, but we soon found our center and have had no problems with it at all. With 3 on board (180lb front, 150lb center, 250lb rear) it was a wreck, literally. We didn't make it 30 seconds before we tipped it. I don't think it was necessarily the weight, but the high center of gravity; all 3 of us are 6'+ and those seats are pretty high (the center seat is lower). We finally got as much of our mass as low as possible, but it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Maybe we'll try it again with some heavy gear on board to see if that will lower the center of gravity.

I like the poly construction better than I thought I might. I've bounced and banged it over rocks and stumps without any negative effects. It also seems to hold up well to being drug through the grass and dirt to the river's edge.

Overall, I like the canoe and still give it a good 8 out of 10 since we never really planned on using it with 3 people in it.