Submitted: 07-09-2009 by CJW

I've had my Endurance for 3 years. I've replaced or repaired extensively the smartrack steering system, the cancer in the hull, the deck webbing, the rudder pin, the seat, the knee pad rubber, the combing around the seat lip on the boat, the leaking rear hatch, the crack in the join between top and bottom moulds, the taped over missing piece of the deck under the seat lip. My paddle buddies laugh when they see me coming. They're anticipating another "what went wrong this time" story. My local repair shop laughs too, they see the $$$ I've spent trying to keep a few years old boat on the water. I've never taken it in surf. We're thinking of skuttling it as a dive wreck.

There's no excuse for crap like this in 2009. I took it back after 3 months because the seat had worn through the hull. The Sydney distributors at that time told me it was my fault. Sorry for sitting in the boat. I've watched Freyer Haufmeister struggle with her, specially prepared Endurance too:

So, what is it about making a kayak that's so difficult. And how come she's testing new fittings paddling around Australia? I thought that would happen in the LAB.

When I ask around people always talk about the factory burning down, the Chinese factory problem and stuff. Hey guys, that's not our problem... If people deliver a product and don't stand by it, that's not what Sea kayaking is about, is it? I like the design but the company owners ought to be held accountable for this abysmal quality.