Submitted: 07-08-2009 by Craig

I live in Maine and I bought my Old Town Camper in 1992 direct. It was a so called blemished canoe, but I never was able to find the reason why. It had ash seats with cane and I paid around 689 for the boat with Old Town paddles...I am a master Maine guide and also a boat builder...I must say in the last 17 years I have gotten my money's worth from this canoe. I am a die hard trout fishermen and have used this in fast moving, beaver damed, rocky brooks and on numerous ponds and large windy lakes....it has held up nicely and performed very well...

In all the years I have used it I have only tipped over once and that was in a fast moving brook in early Spring with a drop in elevation and was because we encountered a fallen tree over the brook around a corner and had to maneuver sharply....After all these years of severe abuse the ends just started to wear...I simple laid a patch of fiberglass cloth down and some resin and she is good to go again...

I might retire it to my cottage on a remote lake and perhaps pick up Old Town's Discovery 169 model.

Vasa, Inc.: