Submitted: 07-06-2009 by Tweeter

Purchased Riot's Edge 10.5 after demoing at least a dozen different kayaks. Could not find any reviews here on it.
I selected this kayak due to size, (small apartment dweller) features, comfort, and its pleasant and well-rounded manners in the water.

The seat is padded and quite comfortable. (I'm 6'2", 200 lbs. and wanted something to sit in for at least a few hours at a time.) It has a drop-down skeg, flush mounted rod holder, straps (in back), bungies (in front), and rear bulkhead storage area with cover (the opening wasn't one of those useless little tiny things), and the storage space is very respectable.

Riot claims it's both stable and agile, and that it has something of a small sea kayak feel. I'd say they're just about right on all accounts. It's never going to be a heavy whitewater lover's boat, but then it wasn't designed to be. It seems to be a nice stable boat with good maneuverability, and it tracks wonderfully. Especially for a shorter boat! Its tracking beat the pants off of every other boat in its size range I could find. The only other ones that could match or beat it were 12-footers and up.

This seems like a fantastic kayak for general purpose kayaking. Tracks like a dream, especially for a shorter kayak, yet had all the maneuverability I needed. It's 42lbs. so easily handled by one person. (I load it on the car and carry it up and down flights of stair by myself.)

A wonderful kayak! I would happily recommend it to friends!