Submitted: 07-02-2009 by gtd

I did my research for several months which included an overly extensive study of nearly every dimension of similar boats. My decision to buy two of these boats was based on several factors: weight, storage, tracking, features and warranty.

I am very pleased with the performance of these boats. I am 6'3", 185 lbs and I fit in the back seat of this hull with comfort. The front seat would be a little tight, but the back is fine. The only compromise I feel I made with this hull is initial stability. This boat is anywhere from 2-4" narrower than most boats in the class meaning that it may not be as stable as others. However, I've not had any issues with it turning over. In the long run, I'll be glad I purchased a narrower hull since I expect my balance to improve and I'm sure the narrower width has saved me some weight - compare the weight of this hull with similar boats and you'll see what I mean. Anyone familiar with boating knows that there is no such thing as one hull that will do everything well. However, this hull will do what I want it to very well.

I enjoy quiet rivers and lakes with sightseeing and snorkeling. If you're a person who wants to camp for weeks on end, don't buy this boat. If you want to circumnavigate the globe, don't buy this boat. If you drive a four-wheel drive vehicle that never goes off road and wear hiking boots that never get dirty, then this hull will not satisfy you - you need something that will better fill the voids in your life. However, if you are looking for a relatively light tandem that does a lot of things very well, then this boat should certainly be on your short list of possibilities. We are very happy with the make and model.