Submitted: 06-30-2009 by Pappy

Quite by accident I just read my review of the KAOS that I submitted in 2004. I am still riding the same KAOS almost every day. It is still giving me smooth fast and controlled rides every time I take it out. I have to paddle from public parking one mile to the point and although I have trouble keeping up with the "standup" surfers it still gets me there in good shape all warmed up and raring to go.

I can surf 1 foot to 8 foot waves in almost any condition although a recent face-plant off an 8 foot lip slowed me down a bit. I have leg straps and a good seat which adjusts my seat to perfect leg comfort. The foot-holds do hit the side of my ankles but I guess I've built in a mental resistance to feeling it anymore. (surf bumps on my ankles?) From the words surf bumps, old farts can tell I have been at this surfing business for over 50 years, I am almost 70. My health forced me to buy a CHAOS.. I have never been unhappy with that decision.

I can run rings around long boarders....they are usually surprised at its ease to drop into waves late as well as its speed across the face. LOVE MY CHAOS. I almost forgot that it does do an "oilcan" suck in right in front of the center fin under your seat...causes it to become concave and to tell you the truth I am still not sure whether that is a help or hindrance to the ride or cut...???