Submitted: 06-30-2009 by mainman1
I have been paddling sit on tops for several years. I've owned and/or paddled a wide variety of kayaks over this time. I have finally concluded that there are 3 things I want with a kayak. The first is stability. I kayak alone, frequently in the open ocean and enjoy going through swells and chop. The second factor is weight. I car top and don't like to struggle getting a boat on the roof. Finally, I like a roomy cockpit, although I am not that large at 5'10 and 180 lbs.

I recently bought a Caper and am very happy with it. Its light, easy to lift and easy to get on my car roof. It is also very stable and handles swells and chop very well. Finally, for a small boat, it has a large cockpit and is a comfortable ride. It tracks OK and is fast enough for me.

My only complaint is that the hatch is not completely waterproof, but this is a relatively minor problem. All and all, a very good and solid boat.