Submitted: 06-29-2009 by JML

I purchased the 2008 Model of the Patriot back in February. I bought it from MC Sports for 399.99 on sale after reviewing the craft in the store. The Patriot is extremely stable and is surprisingly quick for how wide it is.

I took it on the Burnham to Marquette Expedition. This was a trip from Chicago, IL to Michigan City, IN. The trip lasted two days. Many of those with Sea Kayaks thought I was insane to bring a recreational kayak. Due to stormy weather on the first day with 4 and 5 foot waves, many of the sea kayaks flipped while my Patriot stayed upright for the whole trip. In fact, I was able to assist in the rescues. The second day was clear skies and waves at max 2 foot, allowing me to stay in the top 8 for the rest of the trip out of 30 kayakers. Needless to say the Patriot won the respect of the sea kayakers in the end.

New York Kayak Co.: