Submitted: 06-24-2009 by BT

I have what my wife calls a plastic navy of fishing yaks, all large, long and heavy to load: I purchased a Redfish 10 to use as a grab and go light weight yak. Tossed in in the bay today under choppy and breezy conditions.

The Redfish 10 tracks remarkably well for a short yak, is fast out of the hole, is quite dry with the scupper plugs in, and possesses remarkable stability, in fact better than many longer yaks. The factory seat feels like a kidney punch while sitting on a brick: I tossed it and installed a Crazy Creek air yak seat like I use in all of my other yaks: my Redfish 10 is now as comfortable as it is a joy to launch and fish from.

The Redfish 10 greatly exceeded my expectations. All of my fishing is in semi-protected bays in Southwest Louisiana. The Redfish 10 handled the chop and large power boat wakes extremely well. I love this little yak.