Submitted: 06-23-2009 by scubawinger

I have had my Pamlico 100 for 2 1/2 years now and I can say that I have put this thing through the wringer. I have paddled everything from glass smooth lakes to class III rapids. My only complaint is that this boat needs more flotation for rapids. I do suggest that you get a spray skirt before you do any rapids even class I because this boat will flood easy with such a large cockpit. The sprayskirts that are available for this boat don't seal very well and will cave in with about a liter of water on it. I just keep my knees up against it to make the water run off instead of pool up. I am 6'1" and 260lbs and am very comfy in it. It floats me very well as is but I worry about losing the boat when I turn over in the rapids, that's why I say it needs more flotation. My last suggestion is a drain plug. If you paddle then the boat will get water in it and holding it over your head and sloshing it back and forth to get the water out is not the best way to do it believe it or not.