Submitted: 06-23-2009 by LagoonSurfer
This is really a follow-up review/post to a review I did on this boat well over a year ago.
Folks, you either know how to handle this sea kayak or you don't (and it's really not hard--give it time). She is a GREAT kayak with endearing attributes. Extremely maneuverable without the skeg (and that comes in very handy in whitewater/washing machine conditions) and tracks true and FAST with it down. I mean fast. Her hull design, sleek lines, that super slick Trylon hull make her sexy and capable. I took her into a race off Ft. Lauderdale this weekend competing with larger glass boats (and one surf ski) and my Tracer 165 and I won that race coming in 20 minutes ahead of the 2nd place finisher (he was a determined and capable athlete as was the 3rd place finisher). It was a really cool race and this is not at all meant to demean the other competitors. But after a year of taking my Tracer through rough water conditions and endurance paddling her and now a win in a 12 mile race... I love mine and I owe her!