Submitted: 07-06-2000 by Ted

I'm suprised by the above reviews. At 5'8" and 165, this boat is huge. It would accommodate a very big person with long legs - that is, for a WW boat. the deck is convex like a creek boat so big feet would fit. the hull is fairly flat and quite wide. The boat is 25" which is wider than most displacement hulls. The boat is very stable and suitable for beginners on class 2. I use mine when I am doing challanging water (class 4&5), otherwise I take my smaller flat hulled bout so I can cet in more surfing. This boat is not a play boat or even close. It is for cruising on WW and even short trips on flat water. It will surf small river waves but will eat you alive on bigger waves. The boat has speed compared to small flat bottom boats but not compared to other long displacement hulls. The Boxer could also be used for expeditions as there are no center pillers and plenty of volume(75 gallons). This boat would be nice to take on a long western river where a big boat like the Yukon would not be manoverable enough and a more manoverable boat would not hold enough gear.

Thunder Bay Tourism: