Submitted: 06-19-2009 by Jason

I have made around 25 trips with this boat on class II-III rivers. It handled surprisingly well and is very forgiving in whitewater. It does sit very low in the water which means you are wet most of the time, but this makes the boat a lot more stable compared to others in my group who ended up swimming a time or two.

The valves will leak if they loosen up, but can be completely taken apart. I loosened mine by mistake. 10 minutes, just wash the sand out and put them back together. I've skidded over plenty of large rocks. No issues with damage or punctures.

I'd suggest this boat for floating rivers, not so great for long flatwater trips, it is an inflatable. I would also suggest neoprene shorts under your trunks. You need the bails open but sitting in a couple of inches of 49 degree water gets cold after a while. If you put someone in the front of your boat a extra pfd is great to sit on for a boost so u can see over them. A good paddle makes all the difference in the world as well. Also the d rings are great for strapping down a cooler.