Submitted: 06-18-2009 by littleberry

This is a fine boat. I got it used about two months ago and have had it out on only four occasions. The seat, as mentioned by others, is incredible. My nearly 60 year old back has become impervious to the pain I used to get from another boat.

The craft is stable and well rendered as far as conveniences. The Plug-N-Play system works well for the seat, paddlekeeper and rod holder that I have. I like the cutout in the molding aft of the seat that fits a milk crate.

Interesting story...I carried this Magic and my wife's Saluda 12 in the back of my Dakota pick-up recently. At 50MPH, the parting of a line sent both airborne on a local highway. (No other cars were involved.) We stopped, ran back and collected both boats. The Magic had crossed the road and ended up in a ditch. The Saluda slid along in our lane. BOTH boats suffered considerable road burns but NEITHER showed any evidence of hull cracks or other structural failure after hitting the asphalt at high speed. Subsequent trips have shown that the watertight integrity of both boats is intact... I now have a rooftop Yakima rack for them.

The ONLY complaint I have with the Magic 12 is it's lack of close quarter maneuverability. Turning is NOT its strong suit. It does track well for a short open boat and it is easy to paddle. The seat, once again, is fantastic.