Submitted: 06-16-2009 by kayakjak
Just bought this a few weeks ago, along with a Tracer, to replace my Necky Manitou 14. I decided that it was time to get out of a transitional, good for a variety of conditions boat and go for 2 boats tailor made for more specific conditions. First the Santee, because I've paddled it more.

It took me a bit of time to get used to the roominess of the cockpit coming from the Manitou. But this is more of a rec boat, but not in the beginner boat sense. Feels at least as fast as the longer Manitou but more maneuverable. Also feels easier to lean. In fact, it felt somewhat tippy until I readjusted my foot pegs. Also has front and rear bulkheads. You must check out the Mango color. In the sunlight, you see streaks of yellow (my friends yellow Tampico streaks green in sunlight).

Fast, maneuverable, light, what more could I ask? I'll give my impressions of the Tracer after I've paddled it some more (so far, so good though).
I'm loving my new Santee!