Submitted: 06-10-2009 by wilsoj2
I've now had a Nordkapp LV since October 2007. My Nordlow is beautifully made and, though a standard layup with keel strip, it weighs notably less than my 2004 ProLite lay-up Aquanaut. I have paddled the boat in an array of conditions on the coast of Maine and on Lake George, the Hudson, and a few other inland waters.

The Nordkapp LV accelerates faster than any other boat I've paddled. It responds effortlessly to corrective strokes. It comes about more adroitly than my Romany. It is a fairly tender boat when at rest and firms up noticeably when moving through lumpy seas. The Nordlow rolls faster than nearly any other boat in my experience. Having gotten spoiled by my Romany, I have window-shaded the 'kapp LV more than once.

The Nordlow is not a novice's boat. The 'kapp LV is by far among the more demanding and least forgiving of the sea kayaks I’ve paddled. When Peter Orton states "…for the advanced and advancing paddler" he is being honest and accurate. This boat has challenged my equanimity more than once.

I've lowered the seat a half inch which has improved the boat's stability a bit and made the cockpit fit more comfortable for me. I wish the rear of the coaming was at least an inch lower. A 'rolling' recess would allow for more comfortable laybacks while keeping the aft deck high enough to not scoop excessive amounts of water.

The most complete review of the 'kapp LV I've found is Douglas Wilcox’s:

This boat makes a very responsive and quick day boat for someone my size – 6', 180+ pounds. The Nordkapp LV is a fun boat for those times one is on top of ones game.