Submitted: 06-04-2009 by richb
I have been using the Vasa Kayak Ergometer for 2 winters to replace paddling when the local waters freeze; I can say that it keeps me in good enough condition that I am able to get back to my fall best times in just a few short weeks. My son-in-law and I use the Vasa at least 3 or 4 times per week each and after 2 winters of use we have had no problems and there are so far no signs of wear.

This machine really gives a good workout and I never feel it lacking in any way. I always feel I am better conditioned than my usual competition in the early spring races. I would highly recommend the Vasa to anyone looking to maintain kayaking fitness or just wanting a good winter workout. The folks at Vasa are great to work with and sent me a better suited seat in the beginning when I felt the usual seat did not work for me.