Submitted: 06-04-2009 by Jms

After months of research, my choice boiled down to a Surge or a QCC. I was unable to talk to Surge Marine directly and their only model doesn't offer a rudder. I called QCC and Steve Freund answered. It did not take long to realize I wanted to work with this company. Steve patiently answered all my questions while he made sure I was getting the right model for me. I ended up with a carbon 400X and could not be happier.

The 400X is stable yet a lot faster than one would expect for boat that is 24" wide. I am relatively inexperienced and welcome the confidence it gives me. I am able to keep up with my cousin's Dagger Lassitude (a 17'+ ocean kayak) and recently when the wind and waves came up, his kayak watercocked and swamped while my 400x sailed on without so much as a burble.

If you are wondering about buying a kayak online, unseen and untested, don't worry. QCC is for real and stands 100% behind their product. Best of all, they don't forget you once you've paid, but are always willing to talk and help with any questions. If you are in the market for a new kayak, do talk to QCC you won't be disappointed.