Submitted: 06-03-2009 by mark

Back again for another review of this boat.
I have been out in it several times since my last review, and have more information for anyone who may be interested in this kayak. Initial quality and fit and finish are excellent, as is the seating system. It does track fairly well, but you really need the skeg deployed to appreciate truly straight tracking. I rolled it over (intentionally) to perfect my paddle float re-entry, and after several times, the hatches were dry as a bone.

The secondary stability on the boat is fabulous, as mentioned in my previous review, it edges very well, and the handling is very predictable. My only gripe is that the top end speed could be be a little better given it's length, width, and hull design. But hey, I'm out to have fun and not to break any world speed records.

I'm about 6' 200lbs. and this boat fits me very well. By the way, this is for the poly version of this boat, not the composite model. All in all, I am very happy with this kayak, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a boat in this class without breaking the bank. I got mine new for $1260, and it is worth every cent. I'm keeping my score at a 9 due to the somewhat sluggish top end speed, other than that, this baby's a keeper!