Submitted: 06-03-2009 by sonic
I love this boat! This is the boat that I had hoped the Dagger Approach would be. This is the best crossover boat on the market if you want WW ability. It has lots of rocker unlike my Approach. It's reminiscent of a WW boat of days of yore, only much better. Better harder plastic, modern out-fitting and a hull that is really 3 configurations. In the Bow it is a very shallow V to divide the water when under way and to give some tracking stability. Mid ship is a narrow semi-flat hull for fast turning and surfing and the Stern is a somewhat flat displacement hull with rounded edges similar to a play/river runner for good carving and little grabbyness. Then you drop the skeg and it tracks very well.

Now I have only had this out on class 2 so far, but it is now my go to boat for those conditions. It has a feel reminiscent of my H3, but without grabby edges. On bunny waves it is a carving fiend and it punches through and over the medium waves I have put it through so far. There might be some comparison to Dagger's Green Boat, but I have never paddled that boat.

The only negative for me is the cockpit is slightly too small, but I am a large person (5'7" 275lbs) so a smaller person would do fine.