Submitted: 06-01-2009 by DR

Me: 6'3" 240lbs.
I'm only posting this review just in case there is a large guy out there who for some reason (a great deal perhaps, maybe ease of transport) that thinks this is the one for him. DON'T DO IT!

Yes, the stated capacity is 280lbs or so but if someone that large were to use this kayak they would probably be capsized by a passing mallard! At 240lbs. I can technically fit in it but it is so unstable and slow that I just couldn't bring it back to the dock fast enough. What I've figured out is that manufacturer's weight capacity guidelines are usually on the generous side (expanding their potential customer base).

If you are a big guy, you are going to be happiest in a big boat. Buying a Kayak that is too small because it is cheaper or easier to move of the water is like cramming yourself into a pair of jeans that haven't fit you since college.