Submitted: 06-28-2000 by KC

This boat is a charm. I just took mine on it's first trip. We had to cross part of a large lake in wind with 2-3 foot waves and the boat was great. The initial stability is good, but the secondary stability is fantastic. I was able to take all of my comfort camping gear and two dogs and I still could have put more into the boat. At 19 feet it is not a speed demon, and it is slow to respond to turns for the first few seconds, but once the bow begins to move one way or another, it carries through the turn just fine. It does take a little more paddling skill to master this boat, but not a whole lot. I bought the composite with a semi-rigid hull. It is a pretty spendy investment, but after experiencing the big waves and hard wind, I am glad that I bought it. Any other boat would have flipped. It is a big boat for big waters and long trips. There is no other like it on the market.