Submitted: 05-29-2009 by Tony

I've been wanting to get in to kayaking for quite some time but couldn't find a kayak that really peaked my interest. I wanted a kayak that would be suitable for paddling around our local lakes and rivers as well as an occasional swift-running creek. While browsing thru our Sunday paper recently I noticed the add for the Swifty 9.5's on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods and for $269 we just had to check them out. It only took about 20 minutes until they were in the back of my truck and on their way to their new home.

We've been out in the Swiftys twice already and we could not be happier. They are VERY stable, easy to paddle, easy to maneuver, easy to carry and, most importantly, they are comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised with how well they track and how fast they are despite their short length. Our kids haven't tried paddling them yet but I'm sure they'll have no problem since they seem like very forgiving kayaks.

Overall, I have no complaints whatsoever, other than not having more time to enjoy them.