Submitted: 05-29-2009 by davbart
I'm still learning this boat, and when I get a chance to really spend some time in the boat, I'll post a more detailed review.
Paddler - Even though I've paddled canoes all my life, I'm still learning about canoes of this type. This boat is definitely not a Grumman or an Old Town. I'm 6'2" and weigh 235 lbs.
Construction - the construction quality is fantastic. I can't find a single flaw in the layup and the weight is right on what is advertised.
Stability - I'd say the initial stability is a little less than my Wenonah Voyager, but the secondary stability seems higher. Although, I've never had the Voyager loaded for tripping like intended.
Maneuverability - leaning this boat and utilizing the secondary stability makes this boat very maneuverable. I often paddle tight, twisting streams and don't hesitate to use this boat.
Speed - this hull is fast, faster for me than the Voyager. I've only competed in a one race, so I'm still learning to paddle fast, but the glide and efficiency of this boat is better than anything I've ever paddled.
Why a 9 out of 10? No boat is perfect, right?