Submitted: 05-27-2009 by eekster26

I bought a Tsunami 145 w/Rudder this past February, I since have paddled this yak a couple hundred miles, I paddle this boat average 2-3 times a week on Creeks and lakes and my average trip is 10 miles. I also did a few over nighter average 33 miles. I am a novice paddler; the only other Kayak I have paddled and own is a Old Town Dirigo 106, this not a bad yak either, but it is a tub by comparison.

Now onto the Review
I love this boat for my novice usage. I don't feel a rudder on this boat is all that helpful since it tracks straight as an arrow and turns fine.

The seat is very comfortable and easy to adjust on the go. This boat is also easy to wet exit, yes I have had it upside down goofing off now that the water has warmed up. The boat is seriously stable I felt comfortable the first time out. The hatches are ok the front never leaks; the rear leaks a little but nothing major, and I believe the leak is around the rudder cables where they enter the boat. I am working on sealing them but you know it's not enough of a leak to really bother with more like condensation at the end of the day.

Over all this is a very functional yak and very easy to paddle. I have no complaints for a step up away from dedicated rec yaks this yak is perfect.