Submitted: 05-27-2009 by RickC

I have pretty much the same opinion as Ryan (5/01/09 review). I just started kayaking this year and bought an Equinox from Costco. That one tracks straight as an arrow, but my feet are a bit cramped.

I got the Rhythm 11 at a better than normal price and found that it has a much better seat and lots of room for my legs and feet. The only thing I don't like about it is the poor tracking which I think is more than a minor issue. I find that in any rough water or wind the Rhythm 11 will not hold a straight line for more than a few feet. If the nose gets a little off course, it veers to that side and takes several strong stokes to get it back on course. This makes the kayak tiring to travel distances in.

The Equinox is harder to paddle in general, but the constant course corrections required with the Rhythm 11 make it about the same level of effort to use on a trip. I am hoping to figure out something I can do to modify the Rhythm 11 to make it track better, but so far I have not found anything I can easily do.