Submitted: 05-23-2009 by AWA

I bought my Old Town Charles River RX from Saco Bound and am very pleased with it! The extra money for the Royalex material was well worth it! The best thing about the royalex is its durability. I had the misfortune of getting mine stuck under a low water bridge for two whole days badly denting it in the process. After leaving it out in the sun and then filling it with water under an afternoon sun the dents came right out! The canoe also had some scratches, some all the way down to the ABS material but I was able to fix those with repair putty and royalex spray paint. I was told by a canoe dealer that if the accident had occurred in a canoe with another hull material the boat would have more than likely been a total loss!

This boat is fast, tracks beautifully, and has excellent initial and secondary stability. I would highly recommend it to any one in the market for a solid, great looking river running canoe at a fair price!!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: