Submitted: 05-18-2009 by WK

I bought a Corona used. The reviews said it was for someone with experience. I said, "How hard can it be?" This is a beautiful boat. After all, I had 4 lessons without tipping except for the practice of getting out of a kayak and back in.

My first trip I made it about 50 feet from shore and the kayak rolled. My butt was stuck in the cockpit and the first thing I thought of was my wife was going to see me die. Fortunately I had the training, relaxed and twisted out of the cockpit. I managed to get back to shore and said I will try again because there was a learning curve. I stayed shallow following the shoreline and tipped 5 more times, dragged the kayak back to the car and sold it.

It is a very nice boat and I don't want to say anything bad about it, but it is not for a beginner like me.