Submitted: 05-15-2009 by waterbird

I'm very satisfied with my Chota Mukluk Lights. They allow me to extend the paddling season into the fall and early winter, and start up again in early spring. They really are waterproof, no problem there. I wear them with a pair of warm hiking socks. I do not feel the cold standing in 35-degree water.

I'm impressed with how well they clean up even after walking in deep mud---they still look like new.

They fit well. They have a soft, comfortable fit. I don't find the fit loose, as other reviewers mentioned---I don't need them to fit tight in the ankles, and there is a cinch strap on the calves that works fine.

The one weakness is that the sole is not very rugged. You can walk on rocks, but be careful not to subject them to extensive walking on sharp rocks. Also they do sweat a bit, but this has not really been a problem.